County Governance Watch (CGW) is a registered Non- Governmental Organization (NGO), whose purpose is to provide solutions for socio-economic and political development in the counties of Kenya, by offering platforms for engagement in strengthening the county governance systems and making the voices of the people count in the management of their resources and decision making processes in the counties. CGW works to improve the capacities of Kenya’s devolved structures in service delivery, governance, peace and security.
The organization wishes to undertake the above mentioned project in liaison with various community organizations and security agencies through the support of the Kenya NiWajibu Wetu (NIWETU) Project, a USAID program addressing violent extremism in Kenya and provides grants to support community and government actors dedicated to reducing violent extremism. As such, CGW is looking for a Consultant to undertake a review of various security laws, policies and frameworks and generate a review document that would inform engagements with the community of Nairobi County and various members of the selected security agencies for this project. This assignment will take 15 working days.
Requisite skills and experience
The following skills and experience are considered to for the consultant/evaluator:
- Advanced university degree in political science, social science, gender, governance, social or behavioural sciences, community development and related fields. Degree in law would be an advantage or a previous involvement or undertaking with security agencies.
- Practical experience in conducting research, evaluation exercises and review in related field(s). Prior experience in a similar exercise and participatory methods such as consultation and facilitation would be desirable.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and analysis and participatory research.
- Experience, knowledge and familiarity with issues of affecting coordination within the security sector agencies especially related to laws, policies and action plans.
Qualified consultant or Firms are required to submit the following:
- A 4-page proposal to County Governance Watch (CGW) with a detailed interpretation of the Terms of Reference,
- An elaborate explanation of the consultancy methodology, design, level of effort required to fully deliver the assignment. In addition, they should include a detailed work plan and budget for the Consultancy fee.
- Brief overview of consultant/ Firm and the requisite skills and experience they would bring to this task
- A copy of the CV of consultant/ key expert(s) in the Firm
- Contact details of three referees from organizations that have recently contracted the consultant/ Firm to perform similar or related work in the last 3-4 years.
Please quote the subject as “Terms of Reference (TOR): ‘‘CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT AND COORDINATION IN RESPONSE TO VIOLENT EXTREMISM IN NAIROBI’ PROJECT